Instant food has become increasingly popular in India in recent years. According to Statista, the production volume of instant food in India amounted to over 490 thousand metric tons in 2020 from about 372 thousand metric tons of instant food produced in 2015. The changing lifestyle has made instant food items in India so popular. At the same time, much credit goes to the formulators and marketers of these products. Even a few years ago, instant food meant noodles and pasta. Today, hundreds of popular Indian food items like khichdi, dosa, idli, fried rice, flat bread, upma, etc. also belong to this category. Moreover, you can now buy these instant food items online. The best Indian and western food items are available on the online marketplaces.
Let’s dive deep into the world of Instant Food Items in India through this article.
The Rise of Instant Foods in India
The growing demand for instant foods in India can be justified by the following reasons-
- Time Saver: Instant food is convenient and easy to prepare. This is especially appealing to busy working people and students who don’t have a lot of time to cook.
- Nutritional value: There are several Food Items in India that are healthy and nutritious.
- Budget Friendly: Another reason is affordability. Instant food products are often less expensive than fresh food, making them a more attractive option for budget-conscious consumers.
- Variety:Multiple varieties of these food items are available in the market. Whether you crave something spicy, sweet, or savory, there is an instant option for everyone.
- Shelf Life: Most instant food items have a long shelf life, making them a handy option for Indian households.
- Suitable for vegans: There are many options for vegetarians and vegans in ready-to-cook dishes.
Example of Instant Food Items in India
Let’s take a look at the most popular instant item available in the Indian market. Namely,
- Instant noodles:When it comes to instant noodles, the only image that comes to our mind is Maggi. However, there are dozens of instant noodles available in the market. Such as Hakka Noodles, Millets Noodles, Noodles made from oats, etc.
- Instant Soups: Whether you want to take a sip of vegetable or chicken soup, instant soups are available to cater to your desire.
- Other ready-to-cook items: Above that, other commonly used instant foods are instant Indian Meals, Biriyani, khichdi, and so on.
Whether you are a busy person or feeling too lazy to cook, Instant Food Items are the best option for you. There are several foods available that are high in sodium, fat, and unhealthy carbohydrates. So, be careful whenever purchasing any ready-to-cook food and please thoroughly check the nutritional value of that product. Always order online on reliable platforms like Mirchibites.com.
- Sign up on the website with some basic information.
- Select the instant food items in India you need.
- Provide the address where you want to send the items.
- Pay online through a secured payment gateway.
- Get your products delivered within the specified time.