Piles are also called Haemorrhoids. Piles are nothing but extended blood vessels that may develop inside or around one’s anus. When the blood vessels in the rectum area become enlarged it causes piles which are a very common, serious, and painful disease. However, piles can be asymptomatic and it can even get resolved on their own and the person who had piles even may not realize that piles were developed in their rectum. The seriousness of the piles depends on their location and size. It is always feasible to consult a doctor, especially when it is bleeding after bowel movements most of the time. Specialists may ask for bleeding piles surgery if the matter is serious. The good news is that with the invention of BEIM technology piles treatment has become painless and fast.
Symptoms of Piles
Some of the common symptoms of piles are:
- Bleeding during bowel movement although the patient may not feel pain. They may notice bright red blood in their toilet.
- Itching in the area of anus
- Swelling may develop around the patient’s anus
- The patient may feel pain or discomfort during or after passing stool
Traditional treatment of piles
Traditionally doctors used to treat piles in the following ways:
- Rubber band ligation: This is a very common bleeding piles surgery process. In this process, doctors used to place a special type of rubber band around the base of the piles of the patient. After the band is placed the blood supply is cut off and within a week the banded part of the piles gets shriveled and falls off. In the remaining part of the piles scar tissues are formed due to which the piles shrink on their own.
- Sclerotherapy: This is another process that doctors use to treat piles traditionally. In this process, doctors used to inject a solution in the piles of the patient due to which scar tissues are formed that cut off the blood supply. When the blood supply is cut the piles shrink on their own.
- Electrocoagulation: This is another process doctors use to treat internal piles. In this process, doctors used to send an electric current into the area of the piles due to which scar tissues are formed. When the scar tissues are formed the blood supply is cut and the piles of the patient automatically shrink.
Most modern BEIM technology for bleeding pile treatment
Biological Impendence Electrical auto-measurement (BEIM) is the most modern way to treat piles. This is the most advanced technology which produces controlled tissue fusion in a very short time and that too without causing any kind of carbonation. In this process, the doctor does not require cutting and stitching and the patient does not get any kind of wound. Thus, the patient can be discharged on the same day. This process includes the following process:
- Hemorrhoidectomy: In this process, excessive tissues are removed due to which bleeding is caused. This process is mainly used for Grade III and Grade IV patients.
- Hemorrhoid stapling: In this process, blood flow is stopped so that they cannot reach the piles area. It is a less painful process than hemorrhoidectomy. However, in this process, the piles are sometimes seen to reappear in some patients.
Atharv Hospital is one of the prominent hospitals equipped with BEIM technology and the most advanced diagnosis process for the disease called PROTOSCOPE. With BEIM technology the bleeding piles surgery is completed within 15 minutes.Pile surgery or treatment was not so easy and painless before. With over 10 years of experience and over 5,000 successful surgeries, Atharv Hospital has become a milestone in piles treatments.